The Yale SOM CDO is pleased to offer you the opportunity to participate in virtual mock interviews through a partnership with InterviewStream™. As a Yale SOM alumnus, you can access the interface via the Recruiting System, choose industry-specific or general interview questions, and record virtual practice interviews from any space with an internet connection and a webcam.
This service will allow you to:
- Conduct and record virtual mock interviews
- Review practice interview recordings with structured self-assessment
- Email recorded mock interviews for discussion and feedback
We highly encourage alumni to take advantage of this technology (now used by a number of the top business schools) to gain both fresh insights and an added competitive advantage as it relates to presentation and interview skills.
- Access Interview Stream at - http://som.yale.interviewstream.com/.
- Click on ‘Create an Account.’ Enter your name, email address, create a password, and click submit.
- First Time Users may also use our exciting new login feature, which allows you to setup up and access your InterviewStream account via your Gmail, or Yahoo account.
- Once submitted, you can now login at the top of the screen using your relevant information.
Conduct an Interview
- Click on "Get Started" or "Conduct Interview" to begin.
- Select a pre-selected interview or select your own questions (if available to you).
- Click ‘Choose This Interview‟ or ‘Begin’ - You will see a brief setup wizard that requires you to click ‘allow‟ and ‘remember‟ before adjusting your camera and volume settings to ensure you’re properly setup.
- You will be asked your first question.
- The webcam will automatically record your response. Click the mouse or any key to end the recording.
- You will then be able to review your response, retry it, or go to the next question.
Watch Your Interview
- Once you complete your interview, click on the 'Watch Interview' button.
- Click on the questions to see and hear your responses.
Email Your Interview
- Click on 'Send Interview' below the screen.
- Enter first and last name and email address as well as any comments to be sent with your interview.